you getting lock up for being a homo in Uganda!

Please Faggerific leave me alone.
I am supporting Uganda against people like you eventually ruining their country! :good:
how r gays ruining Uganda?

why r u so pressed? u acting like people beggin u to take piggy in ur bum or something? chill out, let gays and others be free. the thing with ultra conservative people like u is that yall r too nosey..mind your business

I am sure u r 55 and don't have enough money for your retirement, yet you listen to kiddy Soca all day...is that the right thing to do? but hey nobody not forcing u to do better with ur life..everyone have their choice...as long as they are not harming others, animals and children.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
how r gays ruining Uganda?

why r u so pressed? u acting like people beggin u to take piggy in ur bum or something? chill out, let gays and others be free. the thing with ultra conservative people like u is that yall r too nosey..mind your business

I am sure u r 55 and don't have enough money for your retirement, yet you listen to kiddy Soca all day...is that the right thing to do? but hey nobody not forcing u to do better with ur life..everyone have their choice...as long as they are not harming others, animals and children.
Correction they would not be allowed to ruin Uganda i.e. corrupt the morality of Ugandans according to their President so they are taking preventative measures before it is too late.

If you take the time to look at the full video in post #56 of this thread you will understand and respect why they took their controversial decision to introduce their Anti-Gay bill.
And whether we agree with their decision or not we have to respect their rights to decide on their own laws as far as I am concerned.

PS: I only paid attention to the first line of your post highlighted which is a sensible question but didn't bothered with the rest of your post which sounds like your regular gay emotional hogwash.

D

DiTriniempress

No matter how much laws against homosexuality is put into place it will not stop any human being from being gay lol..neither can someone be recruited into homosexuality. The dotishness of people that seem to believe that is truly astounding.

antiguad

I think they are dealing with other important things but also view the issue of morality and sexual deviant behaviour in their country as very important. You don't deal with one important thing and neglect all the others; you try to deal with all the important issues affecting your country at the same time if you can.

Hopefully there won't be any McCarthyism style witch hunts or Uganda will totally lose my support.
But I must say we have to respect the Uganda people for standing up against what they view as alien Western values and doing what they view as morally right and in line with their cultural values.

Btw did you look at the full video of the Ugandan Anti Homosexuality Bill signing and press conference below? After viewing it, which is over an hour long, I realized that the media edited version that was presented to the world was deliberately edited to make President Museveni appear more like a homophobic dictator.
It is always best to hear and see exactly what a president and country based their decision on before trying to support or condemn them for said decision so I took the time out to view the whole unedited Uganda Bill signing and press conference and the president's explanation for coming to the decision to sign the bill makes a lot of sense especially from a Ugandan perspective.

With that in mind I would advise all you folks who want to cast judgement on President Museveni and Uganda to look at the full video below from about 11 minutes onwards when he signs the bill into law and then proceeds to explain why he signed it and you will clearly see that it was a carefully considered decision that they viewed as in the interest of their country and maintaining their moral and cultural values.

Below is the full video of the Ugandan President's signing the law against homosexuality into effect and press conference (not the media edited version) where he also presents the details of what the bill addresses and also explains exactly why he eventually decided to sign the bill into law after first refusing to sign it because of the difficult question of if people can be born Gay.

President Museveni signs Anti homosexuality Law Feb 2014
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rvssoW9H2AQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Go to 11:40 for where he signs the bills and fully explains why he did, makes sense.

After watching this video anyone who is balanced and intelligent will understand why President Museveni decided it was in his country's interest to sign the bill.
Until you watch the video from 11 mins 40 secs onwards it is hard to make a balanced judgement on President Museveni being a tyrant as many folks are now trying to depict him as.
I think we all need to respect the choice of the Ugandan people and I support them in their rights to decide their own laws.

Scientific Findings:
The Ugandan President basically said that he decided to sign the bill because their panel of top scientists who also worked in conjunction with top foreign European scientists found out that for those who argue that some folks are born Gay, they discovered that 35% of the tendency was due to genetic abnormalities or nature while a much higher percentage 65% of the tendency was down to nurturing.
Apparently they did extensive tests including tests on identical twins in Sweden and came up with the results which proved to them beyond a shadow of a doubt that no one is born 100% Gay and that nurturing plays a much greater role (65%) than nature (35%) in practically all cases.
They also discovered that the majority of local Gays in Uganda were actually heterosexuals who were recruited into that lifestyle for financial reasons and who never viewed themselves as being born Gay.

I believe this is the summary of the new Ugandan Anti Homosexuality Laws:

1. It is against the law to recruit Ugandans into homosexuality and especially teaching it as acceptable to their children in schools
2. Ugandans must not break the law and allow themselves to be recruited into homosexuality
3. No public display of sex (applies to both homosexuals and heterosexuals) which should be done in a private area or in the privacy of your home.
4. Local Ugandans who are into the homosexual lifestyle should come forward and seek help and will be supported to help them move back into a heterosexual lifestyle as has been proven possible by the scientific evidence (35% nature & 65% nurture for those who considered themselves to be born gay).
5. Repeat offenders could receive life imprisonment but will be offered treatment and counselling in order to have their sentence shortened and can be released once cured.
6. Foreign homosexuals are totally safe from arrest provided they don't break any of Uganda's laws.

I may not be totally accurate but believe above 6 points are a basic summary of what the new Ugandan laws against homosexuality cover and how they will be applied. My summary of their Anti-Gay Laws is subject to updating as it is based on what I have gathered so far from viewing the various news items from Uganda.

The Ugandan President basically said that he decided to sign the bill because their panel of top scientists who also worked in conjunction with top foreign European scientists found out that for those who argue that some folks are born Gay, they discovered that 35% of the tendency was due to genetic abnormalities or nature while a much higher percentage 65% of the tendency was down to nurturing.
1. Why does it matter whether they are homosexual due to nature or nurture? You're typing on a computer - hardly a "natural" piece of equipment is it?

2. I've covered the issue of nature v nurture quite extensively in my Psychology degree. There is no definitive study on homosexuality - there are literally hundreds of studies, with varying results. To say that there is ONE study that is definitive is, quite simply, ridiculous.

However, it's quite clear that sexual preference has a VERY high genetic basis, and numerous studies have also come up with studies to support this.

A genetic study of male sexual orientation. [Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1991] - PubMed - NCBI
Homosexual orientation in twins: a report on ... [Arch Sex Behav. 1993] - PubMed - NCBI

They also discovered that the majority of local Gays in Uganda were actually heterosexuals who were recruited into that lifestyle for financial reasons and who never viewed themselves as being born Gay.
Where is the results of this study, how was the information gathered and was this information peer reviewed or vetted?

Also, much of what the Ugandan president has said is completely wrong. His assertion that people MUST be "nurtured" in order to be homosexual is false. There is absolutely NO peer reviewed evidence that supports this claim.

antiguad

Correction they would not be allowed to ruin Uganda i.e. corrupt the morality of Ugandans according to their President so they are taking preventative measures before it is too late.

If you take the time to look at the full video in post #56 of this thread you will understand and respect why they took their controversial decision to introduce their Anti-Gay bill.
And whether we agree with their decision or not we have to respect their rights to decide on their own laws as far as I am concerned.

PS: I only paid attention to the first line of your post highlighted which is a sensible question but didn't bothered with the rest of your post which sounds like your regular gay emotional hogwash.
Corrupt the morality of Uganda? I guess it was all rainbows and unicorns in the country without homosexuals then?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Corrupt the morality of Uganda? I guess it was all rainbows and unicorns in the country without homosexuals then?
Their President said that the problem started when the Gay Rights movement in Uganda tried to introduce the teaching of Gay sex as normal in Ugandan schools. So if Ugandans view that as dangerous and immoral and decided to do something about the aggressive Gay agenda to promote homosexuality in Ugandan schools then we can't blame them for reacting as they did.

Btw did you look at the full video? I think we need to take a look at the whole thing to come to a balance conclusion even though its almost 1&1/2 hrs long but its well worth investing the time to look at it if we want to make a balanced judgement.
I advise you to take the time to look at the FULL video and then you should be able to comment from a balanced perspective.

antiguad

Their President said that the problem started when the Gay Rights movement in Uganda tried to introduce the teaching of Gay sex as normal in Ugandan schools. So if Ugandans view that as dangerous and immoral and decided to do something about the aggressive Gay agenda to promote homosexuality in Ugandan schools then we can't blame them for reacting as they did.

Btw did you look at the full video? I think we need to take a look at the whole thing to come to a balance conclusion even though its almost 1&1/2 hrs long but its well worth investing the time to look at it if we want to make a balanced judgement.
I advise you to take the time to look at the FULL video and then you should be able to comment from a balanced perspective.
I watched about half an hour - which again was filled with completely erroneous information, such as the idea that people MUST receive a nurturing component in order for them to be homosexual.

Gay Rights movement in Uganda tried to introduce the teaching of Gay sex as normal in Ugandan schools
When did the gay rights movement try to introduce the teaching of gay sex as normal in Ugandan schools? Could you please point me to a point/policy where this was done?

antiguad

I will tell you what - when you read the peer reviewed studies I presented, at least the abstract, introduction and conclusion (which should take only a few minutes) and agree that the president's understanding of the research is obviously flawed/incorrect, I will personally watch the entire hour plus video and give detailed, point by point commentary

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I will tell you what - when you read the peer reviewed studies I presented, at least the abstract, introduction and conclusion (which should take only a few minutes) and agree that the president's understanding of the research is obviously flawed/incorrect, I will personally watch the entire hour plus video and give detailed, point by point commentary
Let me break this down for you:-

1. During the video that I posted, the Ugandan President presented a panel of qualified and respected scientists who made conclusions on the possibility of a percentage of people being born gay. Their conclusion was that no one is born 100% gay.

2. To add to that fact they also found that based on research on a number of identical twins who were nurtured in different environments they found that one twin would turn out acting and believing that they were straight while the other twin would turn out acting and believing that they were Gay based on their nurturing in all cases even though they both came from the same identical genetic material.

3. Based on their research they found out that in cases where folks may turn out to be Gay, 33% or less of the factor was due to genetic abnormalities while over 66% of the factor was due to external reasons and how they were nurtured which society can have control over if it chooses to.

4. Based upon that scientific evidence the Ugandan President signed the bill into law as they don’t view nurturing folks to be homosexuals as in line with their cultural traditions in Uganda.

5. You may not respect the conclusions of the scientists that the President consulted to do the investigations but most vitally he does and so do the Ugandan people.

6. Interestingly enough near the end of the video they also pointed out that these new laws were not actually necessary as the old laws which were already on their books and introduced by the British during colonial rule also provided for a life sentence for homosexuality but these old laws simply have not been exercised regularly in the past.

7. Me reading the peer reviewed studies you presented does not change your lack of understanding of why the President signed the bill so asking me to read it as a condition for you looking at the video is laughable. I am not the Ugandan President and the last time I checked he made his decision based on what his scientists concluded rather than on the old 90's report that you presented.

8. If you honestly want to have a true understanding of why the Ugandan President signed the bill into law then you need to look at the FULL video but frankly if you prefer to remain ignorant about why they made their decision while trying to condemn them then that is down to you but don’t expect me to take you seriously when you clearly have no respect for the Ugandan people, their President and their scientists.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I watched about half an hour - which again was filled with completely erroneous information, such as the idea that people MUST receive a nurturing component in order for them to be homosexual.

When did the gay rights movement try to introduce the teaching of gay sex as normal in Ugandan schools? Could you please point me to a point/policy where this was done?
It was a point the Ugandan President made near the beginning of the video after signing the bill that led to him looking into the whole Gay Agenda issue in Uganda which he had not been concerning himself too much with up until that point.

You really need to look at the full video and please note that the new laws that they have introduced is basically the same as the old laws (introduced by the British) that also gave life imprisonment for the promotion and practice of homosexuality in Uganda.

When you look at the full video you will be better informed of that fact as well as other important facts that they based their decision on.

Also see the 8 points I mentioned in my previous post.

Laters

antiguad

1. During the video that I posted, the Ugandan President presented a panel of qualified and respected scientists who made conclusions on the possibility of a percentage of people being born gay. Their conclusion was that no one is born 100% gay.

2. To add to that fact they also found that based on research on a number of identical twins who were nurtured in different environments they found that one twin would turn out acting and believing that they were straight while the other twin would turn out acting and believing that they were Gay based on their nurturing in all cases even though they both came from the same identical genetic material.

3. Based on their research they found out that in cases where folks may turn out to be Gay, 33% or less of the factor was due to genetic abnormalities while over 66% of the factor was due to external reasons and how they were nurtured which society can have control over if it chooses to.

4. Based upon that scientific evidence the Ugandan President signed the bill into law as they don’t view nurturing folks to be homosexuals as in line with their cultural traditions in Uganda.

5. You may not respect the conclusions of the scientists that the President consulted to do the investigations but most vitally he does and so do the Ugandan people.

6. Interestingly enough near the end of the video they also pointed out that this new laws were not actually necessary as the old laws which were already on their books and introduced by the British during colonial rule also provided for a life sentence for homosexuality but theses old laws were simply have not exercised regularly in the past.

7. Me reading the peer reviewed studies you presented does not change your lack of understanding of why the President signed the bill so asking me to read it as a condition for you looking at the video is laughable. I am not the Ugandan President and the last time I checked he made his decision based on what his scientists concluded rather than on the report that you presented.

8. If you honestly want to have a true understanding of why the Ugandan President signed the bill into law then you need to look at the FULL video but frankly if you prefer to remain ignorant about why they made their decision while trying to condemn them then that is down to you but don’t expect me to take you seriously when you clearly have no respect for the Ugandan people, their President and their scientists.
Again, where are the PEER REVIEWED STUDIES supporting this point? Scientists make erroneous claims all the time - from the earth being 6000 years old to claiming that HIV/AIDS is fake. Peer reviewed studies are the GOLD STANDARD of establishing validity and reliability because they MUST release vital information on methodology, sampling, etc.

Simply saying that "a panel of scientists said so" carries no weight, because this panel could easily be biased or have little to no qualification in that field.

antiguad

6. Interestingly enough near the end of the video they also pointed out that this new laws were not actually necessary as the old laws which were already on their books and introduced by the British during colonial rule also provided for a life sentence for homosexuality but theses old laws were simply have not exercised regularly in the past.

7. Me reading the peer reviewed studies you presented does not change your lack of understanding of why the President signed the bill so asking me to read it as a condition for you looking at the video is laughable. I am not the Ugandan President and the last time I checked he made his decision based on what his scientists concluded rather than on the report that you presented.

What studies were these? What research?

antiguad

What research? How was the research carried out? Was this information peer reviewed? How can we ascertain the validity and reliability of this "research" when we know nothing about it??

antiguad

You're right. I don't respect the conclusions of the scientists. But that isn't because of some gay agenda, but because the "science" is really biased opinion with little to no fact to support it. It's psuedoscience masquerading as science, which is the worse because some fools eat it up and agree simply because they like how it sounds, rather than it being truthful.

antiguad

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
What research? How was the research carried out? Was this information peer reviewed? How can we ascertain the validity and reliability of this "research" when we know nothing about it??
You still don't get it do you?
As you don't seem to respect the Ugandan people, their president and their scientists why do you think they should respect your views? Who are you to them with your brainwashed Westernized views anyway?

Get back to me when you can answer that in a way that they would take you on when you don't have any respect for the Ugandan people and their scientists.

Btw here is an interesting interview with President Museveni on Hard Talk from exactly 2 years ago that also gives us his perspective on the promotion of homosexuality in Uganda before the new Anti Gay bill that he recently signed was presented to their parliament.

President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda On Hard Talk Pt,1-2
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0vWAdY0uZvA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda On Hard Talk Pt,2-2
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QjaqtTMF24c?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

antiguad

If you honestly want to have a true understanding of why the Ugandan President signed the bill into law then you need to look at the FULL video but frankly if you prefer to remain ignorant about why they made their decision while trying to condemn them then that is down to you but don’t expect me to take you seriously when you clearly have no respect for the Ugandan people, their President and their scientists.
Why should I watch the video when you won't even look the actual, peer reviewed studies that I presented?

Why should I respect the Ugandan President and scientists when they have failed to present any peer reviewed information that supports their beliefs, and when ALL the current accurate peer reviewed literature is in DIRECT CONTRADICTION to what they are saying?

Why should I respect people who choose to discriminate against someone based on their sexuality?

Why should I respect you when whenever I present VALID PEER REVIEWED EVIDENCE you REFUSE to read a lick of it, yet you want to call me ignorant because I don't agree with your point of view?

antiguad

As you don't seem to respect the Ugandan people, their president and their scientists why do you think they should respect your views? Who are you to them with your brainwashed Westernized views anyway?

Get back to me when you can answer that in a way that they would take you on when you don't have any respect for the Ugandan people and their scientists.

Btw here is an interesting interview with President Museveni on Hard Talk from exactly 2 years ago that also gives us his perspective on the promotion of homosexuality in Uganda before the new Anti Gay bill that he recently signed was presented to their parliament.

<iframe width="650" height="400" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0vWAdY0uZvA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QjaqtTMF24c?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why should I respect their scientists when they have not presented a shred of verifiable evidence to support their opinion?

Quite amusingly, you have absolutely refused to even refute one point I've made about the SCIENCE.

Is this because you realise you have no real scientific data to support what the President is saying?

antiguad

Who are you to them with your brainwashed Westernized views anyway?
If you want to call me a brainwashed Westerner (quite amusing for a black man, living in England, speaking English, and using all the modern conveniences of Westernized society) then fine.

GIVE ME THE RELIABLE AND FACTUAL DATA TO SUPPORT YOUR POINT AND I WILL SHUT UP ONCE AND FOR ALL.

THAT"S ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.

GIVE ME FACTUAL, PEER REVIEWED STUDIES that have gone through checks for validity and reliability and I WILL SHUT UP ONCE AND FOR ALL.

GIVE ME META ANALYSIS THAT SUPPORT the Ugandan "scientists".

GIVE ME SOME SORT OF FACTUAL INFORMATION THAT OUTWEIGHS MINE, AND I WILL BE QUIET.

I'm not trying to prove a point. I'm not trying to win an argument.

I'm trying to show you that the information that has been presented has been twisted beyond belief.

Yet you put your hands in your ears, singing loudly to yourself because you can't face the fact that your beliefs aren't grounded in the truth, but regurgitated BS.

I'll wait for your next excuse.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Why should I watch the video when you won't even look the actual, peer reviewed studies that I presented?
Because my conclusions that I support the Ugandan people in their decision was based on watching the whole video and making a balanced decision.

And since you want to argue against me supporting their decision and would like me to take you seriously then you need to look fully at the video we are basing our arguments conclusions on.
Why should I respect the Ugandan President and scientists when they have failed to present any peer reviewed information that supports their beliefs, and when ALL the current accurate peer reviewed literature is in DIRECT CONTRADICTION to what they are saying?
Because if you want to be respected in life then you need to learn to give respect, it’s that simple. And who told you that they have failed to present a so-called peer review information to support their scientific conclusions? Have you contacted their scientists to confirm that or are you making assumptions?
Why should I respect people who choose to discriminate against someone based on their sexuality?
Why should I respect the Western countries that benefited from enslaving my forefathers and still continue to discriminate against Black people in every western country to this day despite so-called Emancipation of Slavery?
Why should I respect you when whenever I present VALID PEER REVIEWED EVIDENCE you REFUSE to read a lick of it, yet you want to call me ignorant because I don't agree with your point of view?
I don't need your respect and never asked for it but similarly please don't expect mines. Reading that old out of date peer review from the early 90's is irrelevant to the argument and the up-to-date scientific information that the Ugandan President based his decision to sign the bill on.

Finally if you took the trouble to look at the video you would realized that the old anti-gay laws in Uganda introduced by the British are basically the same as the new updated laws that were just introduced. The main different is that the old laws were not regularly enforced because the Ugandans were previously prepared to turn a blind eye to homosexuals provided they did not publicly try to promote their lifestyle especially to their young children.