Your Health and you???

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i like that la reina.. very important points... too many people eat fast food... is always a chicken box dey lookin to eat.. instead of a balanced meal..

dollbabi

Earth Angel
I recently fell off and have to get back on a good healthy eating & exercise routine. Starting with drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
yea.. i'm on myfitnesspal and i really do try to get in that 8 glasses a day but people also have to be careful not to drink TOO much water because that wil upset the electrolyte balance in teh body and that is not good as the body needs that for electrical charge for neurons etc..

dollbabi

Earth Angel
yea.. i'm on myfitnesspal and i really do try to get in that 8 glasses a day but people also have to be careful not to drink TOO much water because that wil upset the electrolyte balance in teh body and that is not good as the body needs that for electrical charge for neurons etc..
I'm going to check out myfitnesspal. True re: too much water. Moderation is key.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Most don't realize it but sugar and salt are just addictive poisons. I rather eat fat everyday than eat sugar. But honestly if people started only with portion control, they would already be in a much better shape.
you know i really do think that people eat bigger portions cos they lack the ability to determine when they are hungry.. a result of the "siddung by the table till you eat all da food" school of thought from when you were young.. so people cant tell if they hungry or thirsty or when they really full..

I never went through that.. i never was forced to eat anything at the table. when i decide i done eat, that was that.. i would come back to it if i was hungry later but no force ting and now i know when my hunger is gone automatically.. i do not like how it feels when your stomach is overly full... whenever i go out to a restaurant. unless i am STARVED, i automatically eat half and then take the rest to go..... i prefer to eat a small amount of food and go back than try to force myself to eat a mountain of food.. and when i have guests, i serve them a decent portion and then give more if they want rather than dealing out a BIG ass plate like is we last Supper..

Truth. Portions play such a huge role in maintaining a healthy weight. In the U.S. especially, portions are so much bigger than in many other places in the world. Further, the idea that we should eat until we are full is not good at all. We should eat until we feel satisfied...that is it.

Going to start that practice - eating half and taking the rest to go.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
yes... it always helps me.. in that i eat until i'm no longer hungry.. but i usually only eat half, because i take my time and put down my fork between mouthfuls and also chew and digest.. and another thing that aids metabolism is not to drink while you are eating.. wait a little while to allow your stomach acids/juices to kick in then drink something at room temperature or slightly chilled,. ...

snacking on little meals all throughout the day keeps your metabolism running.. people always tell me you always eating how you staying slim.. daiz jus it.. i always eating and exercising... try to burn off more than you eat..

what i ike bout myfitnesspal is that you can see how much calories, if you into that sorta thing, your food contains... i tell you i was pretty shocked that 3 aloo pies, a bake and saltfish (eeaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner) and two 12 ozs of grapefruit/passion fruit juice was under 1200 calories.... but one burger king breakfast platter was 1380 calories!

dollbabi

Earth Angel
yes... it always helps me.. in that i eat until i'm no longer hungry.. but i usually only eat half, because i take my time and put down my fork between mouthfuls and also chew and digest.. and another thing that aids metabolism is not to drink while you are eating.. wait a little while to allow your stomach acids/juices to kick in then drink something at room temperature or slightly chilled,. ...

snacking on little meals all throughout the day keeps your metabolism running.. people always tell me you always eating how you staying slim.. daiz jus it.. i always eating and exercising... try to burn off more than you eat..

what i ike bout myfitnesspal is that you can see how much calories, if you into that sorta thing, your food contains... i tell you i was pretty shocked that 3 aloo pies, a bake and saltfish (eeaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner) and two 12 ozs of grapefruit/passion fruit juice was under 1200 calories.... but one burger king breakfast platter was 1380 calories!
Yea, my mother would never let us drink and eat. We could only get away with that when we went out.

Wow@ the calorie comparison! That is something else but I believe it. Fast food is really terrible. I'm going to be using that calorie counter...even if just to see everything right in front of me.

limintrinibwoy

ah like chupidness

how d hell it count calories for ah aloo pie? i always wondered about that kinda stuff...counting calories of home dishes...

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
cos for mos recipes nowadays they calculate the calorie value.. and people add to the database once they enter the food in there..

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i wonder how many people get the full workup on their annual check up.. CBC, ekg, etc etc???

also, do people check their moles and all these things, to make sure that they are just moles?

do people know to look at their nail beds for signs of disease and illnesses and then go for futher checking at their doctors offices?

do people know that the state of your scalp can give a snapshot of your general health as well..

same way your eyes can tell certain things.. anemic etc..

Lucianite

I do gym every a.m. before work -
no sugar in coffee or sugary drinks...
very lil salt
working on portion control...
eat more fish and veggies than meat
was debating not to gym or not - after reading this Iam

I'm out

:)

wait - i have question - i drink a lot of seltzer or sparkling water - is that bad or equivalent to soda because of the carbonation ?

bbl

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Is Seltzer Good for You? - Q by Equinox

YOU ASK:COMMENTS + 0
Is seltzer as good for you (and as hydrating) as water? — Jen Verrano via Facebook
OUR ANSWER:
Seltzer is just carbonated water, so it's just as nutritious — although certain kinds do contain small amounts of minerals (like sodium, calcium and magnesium), artificial sweeteners or calories so always read nutrition labels. Pure carbonated water is probably the best option, but some individuals can benefit from added nutrients. Be sure to find a sodium-free version if you have high blood pressure or any other condition where sodium should be limited.

The carbonation may cause you to feel more full than with plain drinking water and may cause gas and bloating, but this is not harmful. It has been questioned whether or not carbonation contributes to decreasing bone density, but there is no evidence that this is the case.

Seltzer can also be just as hydrating as water. However, you be may be more inclined to drink less seltzer than water since the carbonation makes it more filling. A person or athlete with high fluid needs may not be able to drink seltzer as quickly as water due to gas and bloating/fullness.

Bottom line: Seltzer can be a great alternative to pure water as long as you check your labels carefully.

— Shana Maleeff, MA, RD, CDN

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
since i last posted this i've cut down drastically on beef because i noticed my skin breaking out around specific periods when the level of estrogen in the body dips.. and no breakouts.. i dont drink cow's milk much (or any kinda milk for that matter save for the occasional almond milk).. i drink more water at home.. in fact that's about all i like to drink now when i'm at home... i have orange juice but i tend to only drink that in the mornings... i was taking iron supplements as i need extra iron but i found some vitamins to give me that as the liquid iron was making me feel weird (i suspect it was cos i got it from some herbal store too eh).. but i eat lots more spinach etc.. more broccoli and other vegetables... i still despise olive oil drizzled on bread.. i am working my way up to cooking with coconut oil.. (i still associate it with sapping my head as a child so it's a work in progress).. i've cut out pork out of my diet for the most part especially as i now get my pizzas with veggies and not meat and then one day relapsed and ordered italian sausage on teh pizza and got sick and threw up so i say okay pork out de system, never again.. if i go to the deli i get chicken or turkey .. no ham... i never liked bacon so i wont miss that.. (though i will have the occasional bacon piece on a burger if it comes so ) but i dont buy bacon.. i feel like just going meatless for a few months and that's what i have been or less doing

i dont know HOW or WHY people like curry goat.. i always find is just fat and/or bones in the plate.. omg.. last week around tthis time i was just dying.. cos is real jamaican curry goat i am eating and is like the meat fatty and is real bones so i was jus like eff it and went and got some jerked chicken instead. lol.. goat milk is filthy stuff so i will never drink that again...

there are also stuff that is addictive.. my friend i think has a chocolate addiction and i think i have an addiction to cheese which i have read contains opoids so it does a number on your brain... and i fear it is true because it seems like all i have to do is THINK about cutting out cheese and then i find myself feeling distressed about that and BAM next ting you know i eating some kinda dish containing cheese. it doesn't work when you're trying to fight off a sinus infection and you keep eating cheese (as i eat another slice of pizza and two cheese sticks :kicks:) smh... one day i will be able to eat minimal cheese.. unfortunately that day is not today.. and i am seriously starting to wonder if i can cut off cheese cold turkey because it is worrisome lol...

ladyrastafari

Notchilous

fresh fruit popsicles

Fresh Fruit Popsicles

Ingredients

1 peach, cut into 1/2-inch slices (1/2 cup)
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
3/4 cup strawberries, finely chopped
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1 1/2 to 2 cups of fruit punch or 100 percent white-grape juice

Directions

1. Combine fruit in a mixing bowl and arrange the mixture into eight 3-ounce popsicle molds.

2. Pour enough juice into each mold to just cover fruit.

3. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until solid (about six hours).

Servings: 8

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
well there's another app you can use to monitor your food on iOS- Lose It! i use that.. and i'm also recipe sharing with my bestie.. so this week i'll plan out all our meals for the week since she did it last week..

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
I have been eating healthy since i was small..
certain that was normally in people fridge and pantry i wasnt allowed to have... like Soda, never had it and friends used to think we were weird cause we didnt keep soda in the fridge, and them sugary cereals like Fruit Loops and Captn Crunch, I wasnt allowed to have, although i used to sneak into my cousins apartment and take his fruit loops...

and that way of eating carried over into adulthood, to the point I would feel guilty after a Mc Donalds meal or a simple soda... i would have those like once a month