Your Son brought home a girl

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
hmm this seems like one of those hair show type styles that people do for the sake of creativity and showing of their creative skills. I don't think people really walk around with those styles. Although I saw a lady one time with a red, white, and blue hairstyle (fourth of July, it looked ridiculous)

However in the rare event that this happens, I'd tell her that I respect her "creativity" but when looking for a job anywhere you have to look presentable. I'd also be wondering what her mindset is like, and how exactly her and my son started to talk.:nea:

I wouldn't judge her character based on her hairstyle but I would come to a conclusion about the type of person I think she is after a lengthy conversation.

i get you.. i woudlnt care too much about her mentality.. i'd be more concerned with my son that he would think that was acceptable to bring to the house.. and as for the job situation i'd help her get a job wherever SHE wanted to work.. but i'd be honest about her prospects of working for my job with a hairstyle like that... I wouldnt feel the need to ingratiate myself to her, based on one meeting at my house.. because hell, she could just be temporary in my son's life.. if she became permanent now then i'd sit down and have a heart to heart wtih her, if she was a respectable young lady.. other than taht.. at the dinner, we smile talk laugh ,she leaves.. nothing more than that..

S

sharkie

condemned because of a hair cut... :dntknw:
Fock yes. You will not work in my job lookin like a dry up paintbrush. She could cut it off before she ask fuh a wuk.

Otherwise she could come to as many family functions as she like. My family could haul dey tail bout how she head lookin.

bhalistix

It is I
whose condemning? expressing disapproval is condemning? lol..
no this is a ring endorsement.

i'd be more concerned with my son that he would think that was acceptable to bring to the house..
do you stand to reason that she may not need you f'ing job because she has a job which serve hear financial needs. Maybe she is a stylist that own 3 stores, maybe she is a fashion designer who knows. But your Judgemental self look at the person hair nad pooffff - her character goes up in smoke...

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
no this is a ring endorsement.

do you stand to reason that she may not need you f'ing job because she has a job which serve hear financial needs. Maybe she is a stylist that own 3 stores, maybe she is a fashion designer who knows. But your Judgemental self look at the person hair nad pooffff - her character goes up in smoke...
the shit you're saying has NOTHING to do with my original post.. stop introducing bullshti because you want to hav a reason to argue with me.. this is the second time you've done that.. read the original post and then get back to me.. and its CLEAR to me that you are just on some bullshit, because sharkie straight up stated the hairstyle is ugly and not at her job, yet your punk ass says not a word to her yet u rushin me for shit i never said.. you think my thought will change.. for me that hairstyle is not acceptable at my job, and outside of that, it's not favorable to me... who cares about your hypotheticals.. go with the premise AS given!

bhalistix

It is I
the shit you're saying has NOTHING to do with my original post.. stop introducing bullshti because you want to hav a reason to argue with me.. this is the second time you've done that.. read the original post and then get back to me.. and its CLEAR to me that you are just on some bullshit, because sharkie straight up stated the hairstyle is ugly and not at her job, yet your punk ass says not a word to her yet u rushin me for shit i never said.. you think my thought will change.. for me that hairstyle is not acceptable at my job, and outside of that, it's not favorable to me... who cares about your hypotheticals.. go with the premise AS given!
Whats the name of you company i need a job.....

G

Gladiator

The irony in this thread...because there are some who condemn and scorn others who have dreadlocks, and alot of caribbean women love to have dreadlocks

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
The irony in this thread...because there are some who condemn and scorn others who have dreadlocks, and alot of caribbean women love to have dreadlocks
i have no special love for dreadlocks... would never get them.. some folks look nice with them and the locks bring out their face. others, the locks do nothing for them..

mysticbluejay

i think it would be prudent to have a lengthy conversation with her first and based on the conclusion decide whether or not to tell her about when looking for a job.

i am just saying :duck
NO I said I would have a lengthy conversation, after telling her how to make her chances of getting a job higher (being presentable). It doesn't matter what sort of friend you are, I have a business to run and you have to follow the same rule/guidelines as any other employee.

The purpose of the lengthy conversation is separate from the job issue. The purpose of me have a long discussion with her is to see if she would be a positive aspect in my sons life. (curiosity) but if you think that makes me pretentious so be it. :angel:

but to be fair even if I were to have a long conversation with her and then decide if I wanted to give her a job, that would be the same thing as an interview. As they judge, if you would be the right fit for the job.

mysticbluejay

i get you.. i woudlnt care too much about her mentality.. i'd be more concerned with my son that he would think that was acceptable to bring to the house.. and as for the job situation i'd help her get a job wherever SHE wanted to work.. but i'd be honest about her prospects of working for my job with a hairstyle like that... I wouldnt feel the need to ingratiate myself to her, based on one meeting at my house.. because hell, she could just be temporary in my son's life.. if she became permanent now then i'd sit down and have a heart to heart wtih her, if she was a respectable young lady.. other than taht.. at the dinner, we smile talk laugh ,she leaves.. nothing more than that..

Agreed. exactly business is business! she would have to adhere to same guidelines and rules as all other employees which include looking professional.

Now that I think about it, I probably wouldn't have a long conversation if this is the first time meeting her, but if she makes it to the next gathering....